Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally a Post!

Hello all, sorry about the delay in posting, but I was finally able to get an internet connection as my gazda was kind enough to borrow it from her brother so here I am!

The trip stated out very intersting, before we even got onto the bus there was a delay...the bus broke down and they had to send for a new one! Good thing they planned on leaving for the airport 6 hours early!!!

I arrived safely in Bucharest very late at night....10 hours later than expected! Our flight was delayed by 2 hours consequently causing us to miss our flight to Bucharest from Amsterdam. The airlines and the PC were great with getting us onto another flight, they had everything organized by the time that we arrived at the airport, but we still had 10 hours to spare.

So I was lucky enough to be able to explore Amsterdam with my many new friends. We took our first ride on a European train....and got slightly lost. We got on the wrong train and headed into the country side rather than the city...oops! Luckily some of the people we were with were good at reading a map so they got us headed in the right direction as well as a very kind lady on the train.

Amsterdam was beautiful...we did however stay away from the Red Light District, but we did get to see Anne Frank's house, beautiful churches, and amazing architecture, the train station was even gorgeous!!! Another thing I have never seen so many bikes in my life, they were everywhere! People ride them everywhere, they lock them up everywhere, it was amazing!

Well eventuall that adventure had to come to an end so we went back to the airport to relax for a few hours, I got maybe 45 minutes of sleep while there and then we went on our second flight. Everything with this went as planned and we arrived safely in Romania. We arrived at our hotel at approximately 2:30 in the morning and I finally fell asleep at around 4:30 in the morning. The day then began again at 11 so that was my longest night of sleep thus far. Stoging in the hotel wen great we got to meet all of our teachers who are fabulous and the volunteers who have extended their service to help train us as well. Everyone is great and friendly thus far.

Then we got to meet our gazda family. I was so nervous, but it turned out to be great. I live with a single lady, who speaks fluent English as well as several other languages fluently! She is extremely intelligent and kind and we have a lot of fun joking around together! I am greatly looking forward to my stay with her.

Well I must go to dinner, I love and miss you all and hope to post soon!!!!!