Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Post!!! I am on a roll!

So not to much has changed since my last post, but I had some time so I thought I would take advantage of it.

Yesterday we had some practice with lesson planning. I was really nervous about it at first, but now I feel a lot better. I never thought I would be able to come up with ideas for lesson plans, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I am not sure how it will be once I am on my own, because I feel like I come up with a lot better ideas when I am able to bounce ideas off of people and build off of their ideas as well as my own. It is always nice to think outside the box!

So tonight I am getting together with some of my collegues for food, beer and lesson planning, hopefully we will come up with some good ideas and enjoy ones company in the process. Everyone here has a bunch of different ideas and personalities so we compliment each other well.

So on Monday I start teaching, we are teaching in pairs for three hours a day. I was lucky enough to be paired with my friend Carly (well we actually picked the pairs) so we are going to team teach on Monday and then on Tuesday we will start teaching individual lessons. There will be 3 hours a day and one day I will take 2 hours and Carly 1 and the other day it will be the opposite so that we each teach the same amount of time. I am a little nervous to get in front of a class of 30 students, but I think team teaching the first day will help break the ice and I just have to remember that I have a suffiecient knowledge of English and the kids are there to learn and not judge. I am sure that it will be fine, it is just a little nerve wracking.

I know I sound kind of rosie right now, but there are bad times as well. In the US however I encountered tough times as well, but we all push through it and concur the tough days as well. It is nice how I have only know my colegues for 3 weeks, but it feels like I have known them for years. I am glad that I have made friendships so quickly, because with such an intense experience you truly need those experiences.

I think that is all for now, everything is good and I continue to learn a great deal everyday. I miss and love you all and hope that everything is well. Oh and to all the father's out there, expecially my fantastic Dad - Happy Father's Day! Also to the Busse/Sebo clan I hope you have a great time camping this weekend, enjoy the company and be sure to relax as well. Have fun at the flea market and golfing as well!!! Love you all bunches!

Until Later
~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. sounds like some exciting times!!! you will be great teaching...have no worries all will be good!!!
    love and miss you bunches
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Munchkin, Dad says thanks for the well wishes for fathers day. He misses you and hopes you are well. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete