Monday, June 8, 2009

2 Posts in one day!!!

So I have some access to the Internet tonight, yay!!! My gazda (host) sister was nice enough to let me borrow her Internet, and since she is going to be gone, they will be borrowing my computer to talk while she is abroad visiting friends.

So things here have been going well, as you know from my previous post I had to move. There was nothing wrong with my original gazda, some unexpected things occured and there was no place for me to stay anymore...oh well things happen I guess. My new gazda is very kind and they have made me feel at home quickly. They do not speak much English, so communication is difficult but we work through it and in the end the point is made, so it is all good :)

Also the homestay coordinator was kind enough to tell them that I have recently lost a lot of weight and that I want to keep it off, so they have not been forcing me to eat. Apparently in Romania when you are hosting someone, they think that when you give your guests more food they will like you more. It is a cultural difference, but an interesting one at that, it justs shows how different the world is, but in the end we all just want to make our guests feel at home.

School is going well, we are learning a lot very quickly, but I think in the end it will be okay. The lessons are taught soley in Romanian so it can be difficult, but it is better that way. It is a blessing in disguise that I have moved since I am now forced to let go of my English so I think that I will learn Romanian a little faster now....or so I hope. We changed classes today as well, we went from a class size of around 10 to a class size of 4 and from 2 teachers to 1, so it is smaller class sizes with more 1 on 1 attention. I hope that I can keep up. The teachers are all really great, but it was a little difficult to adjust to a new teaching style. In a way I think that will be good though, it will make me more flexible as a teacher and as a student.

I am sure that some of my fellow volunteers are probably reading this and thinking it is a little rosy...oh well I find the good in everything! There is good in everything, even when there is peril, somewhere within the trouble is goodness.

Well I better get to studying some more, I miss you all a bunch and I send my love out. I hope this blog finds you well, I will try to post pictures soon, but we shall see. Hugs and Kisses!!

Until later
~Sarah B.

4 comments:

  1. sarah your posts are really fun to readi tried to get on your friends list but can't sry i envey you very much love ya jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. amerikrahn@netzero.netJune 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM

    Sorry to hear that your first host didn't
    work out. It sounded like an ideal situation. Perhaps it's one of those blessings in disguise. God be with you.
    a fellow ww Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I enjoy reading your posts remember there is always sunshing at the end of the rainbow. God Bless Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. I will send pic Alyx takes this weekend camping.
    Take Care
    DJ

    ReplyDelete