Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 1 - Washington D.C.

So I have officially arrived safely in Washington D.C., the flight from Milwaukee was good, just cloudy and overcast. It was raining when I left Wisconsin, but upon arriving in Virginia it was just cloudy and humid...very humid. So I was going to say that my adventure was uneventful, but that would be a lie.

Everything went fine at the airport, I got all of my bags and then got onto a super shuttle which took me straight to my hotel and was less than a Taxi. Upon arrival at the hotel I needed to call my mom and when I went to search for my phone, I realized I had left it at the airport...crap! Well luckily there was already somehere from the PC Romania group who was kind enough to let me borrow his cell phone and everything was squared away with mom, I just wasn't able to call anyone else tonight...sorry all!

Staging went great, everyone is super nice and in the same boat that I am. I met a lot of great people tonight and I think I have developed some great friendships...or so I hope :)

After the staging event, which was basically just a lot of information and review of policies, a bunch of us went out for pizza. Even though we were exhausted several of us also went around the city. We went to the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, a place that had all the 50 states around a fountain, and the Vietnam Memorial. Needless to say I was exhausted, but as soon as I hit the hotel room, I got a bit of a second wind...so I decided to post for you all.

Tomorrow will also be an eventful day, we will be checking out of our hotel and then on our way to the airport. The flight will be long, but I think I have enough to entertain me and I can always chat with people on the way there as well as sleep!

Speaking of sleep I should really get some rest. I am unsure of what the next few days will bring, so I do not know when my next post will be made. I miss you all already!!!

Until Later
~Sarah B.