Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting Closer

So it I can't believe that in 8 days I will be leaving for my new journey...I am starting to get a little nervous. When I knew it was far away it was easy to make light of the situation, because it was months away, but now with it only a week away the nerves are starting to set in and the goodbyes are getting real. I am still very excited to leave, but I have a bunch of nervous emotions to go along with the excitement.

It seems like my adventure which will take me away from the technologies of the United States has actually brought me closer to technology, maybe it is because I fear leaving it...I am unsure. Since I found out I was leaving I have recieved and iPod shuffle and a Kindle (basically an electronic device you can download books onto--but it can also do a ton of other cool stuff) and I have purchased a laptop and I will be purchasing a digital camera today. I don't know what is with the run on technology, but I like it because a lot of it will keep me close to home and help me to document my journey, I don't want to rely on my memory alone because this will be an amazing adventure that I will probably never be able to describe in enough detail to do it justice.

Well that is all for now, Laura and I are going to Best Buy to find a camera and maybe do something else along the way, I need to spend as much time with my family as I can in my final week at home!!

Until Later

~Sarah B.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah is not the only one who is nervous. Her dad and I are also. She has to find her own way from the airport in Washington D.C. to the hotel where all the volunteers will be meeting. Hopefully the hotel will have a shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad worry alot, I think it is part of their job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ancestors survived a much longer and more physically difficult trip from Europe to Wisconsin. You will be fine. Stop worrying & enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete