Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breathe in Breathe out

So I am officially nervous, in less than 24 hours I will be on a plane headed to Washington D.C. for my staging event, I will be there for a little over 24 hours then I will be on my way to Bucharest for 27 months...as long as I make it through training. I am bound and determined to do so, only 33% of applicants receive an invitation and 90% of those who go through training make it through, so I have already made it through the toughest statistic, I am going to make it through the second!

Today I also signed myself up with Skype, it is a free Internet calling website, so if you have a microphone and/or a webcam you can sign up and chat for free through the Internet, it is pretty neat an easy to use! If you decide to download it you can search for Sarah Busse and if that doesn't work try sm.busse I have been trying to keep all of my user names simple and easy to remember...also I am not very creative so simple is the way to go!! Hopefully as I learn more in Romania though I will become more creative, that is what makes a good teacher right :)

I am officially packed and ready to go, I have two items for checked baggage and two items for carry-on (a backpack and my laptop). I hope I don't run into any problems with this but my laptop is not going underneath the plane and nothing else will fit into my checked baggage, but I have seen others take a laptop and a backpack so I am not too worried, I can always beg :)

I finished all of my last minute errands around town today as well, including getting my glasses adjusted. They just did not fit my face right anymore, but now they are good. It was good that I went though because one of the lenses was loose, and as we all know I cannot see anything without my glasses, but hopefully they will be good for the couple of years that I am gone as long as I take good care of them. Besides the only time they were in real danger here is when Blair was jumping on me and when I was holding Josee, seeing as I will be around older kids I think they will be alright.

So I am going to try to post tomorrow night when I am in D.C. or in the afternoon when I am waiting in between arrival and staging so I will post some goodbye's then. I am off to download Skype for my parents now...I don't know what they are going to do in terms of technology while I am gone...I have a feeling that Kim and D. Jay will be getting a lot of calls :)

Until Later
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment