Saturday, December 5, 2009

IST here I come

So I figured I would try to get a jump on some things and do my blog early, so I don't forget :) Tomorrow evening I will be in Botosani and then early early early Monday morning I will be on my way to Predeal for our In Service Training. So I am in for a week of language classes, and other cultural/specific classes for teaching, and I get to see all of the members from my group again! I am excited for that, I miss all of them. It is crazy by the end of our training this summer, I was very ready to leave and get away from my group for a while, just because we were in such close corners with each other for such a long time, but now I can't wait to see them again, it will be a nice visit I think.

I can't believe that it is already December! It seems like just yesterday it was May and I was boarding a plane to take me to Romania, and now I have been here for 6 months already! Six months! Before you all know it I will be home and you will be saying, "You were gone, no kidding, time went by so fast!"

I wish I had some interesting story to post for this week, but I really don't. It was a short week, I only had 2 days of school this week. There is a lot going on with the government and the economic crisis here in Romania, so the teachers are basically told that they have to take a mandatory 8 days without pay. So they took 3 of those days this past week, and then I am gone for a week, then I will teach 2 more days then it is off to Christmas vacation for us. So needless to say, my month of December is crazy busy...or not. I am planning on having a day where my kids can come in and sing some Christmas carols with me, and it seems like lots of them are interested, so I am going to try it and see if it works out. If so great, if not...well at least I tried :)

Today I actually had some of my kids come over and we listened to some Romanian Christmas Carols. I had hoped to learn them, but I think my kids were just tickled pink that I wanted to hang out with them and spend some time with them. It was fun though, and I like hanging out with them, because they think I am super cool :) Which of course I am ;) The coolest actually. They are good kids and I liked hearing them sing in Romanian and they liked it when I tried, so that is all that truly matters.

Tomorrow I have to prepare myself to get going to Predeal, packing, and getting some stuff from Tory's old gazda. Tory was the volunteer that was at my site before I was, so I am playing postman for her since she is going to be at IST as well, that way it is easier.

Well I think that is about all for today. Hopefully next week I will have more interesting things to say and more stories to tell. Just a boring uneventful week here, but you have to have those once in a while.

Te iubesc!
Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment