Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally Time to post

So it is becoming increasingly difficult to find time to make posts, but I am here and I am trying my best. I am enjoying my life in Romania, though it is very busy, it has been a wonderful experience thus far.

Well let's see what has happened since my last post. I went to see my site this past week, I returned home on Friday morning after an overnight train ride which went very quickly as I slept the whole time....not very well, but sleep is sleep. When I got home I did take a nap however and for those of you who know me very well...you know that does not happen very often :)

My site was interesting, but I think I am going to enjoy it there greatly. It has 2 streets in it with one intersection, so it is very small. There are about 2000 people who live there, and from what I have seen so far, the community is very friendly. It was so nice to be in a small town environment again, I could feel the community ties and everything which is something that I have really missed being in the city here in Romania.

I did not really do a whole lot on my site visit, I met my director, saw my school, tried to talk a little Romanian, badly I might add, met my counterpart (the individual who I will be teaching with) and walked around the town. I did get to see the Moldovan border as well and went to the beach. That was fun, it was so nice just to sit and relax in the sun, and to attempt to get a tan :) My director kept telling me to get out of the sun because I was so white, but I told her that that is why I needed to be in the sun, I was in need of a suntan! I did not burn however, so that was nice, my tan lines have evened out a little bit, but they still need some work :)

When I returned back to site, it was back to work as usual, and we started right back into language classes. We have been learning a great deal of grammar lately so that is always fun, but I feel like my language skills are slowly getting better. I am trying anyway and that to me is what matters in the end.

Lets see what else is new, this past weekend it was extremely hot, we even got to over 100 degrees, and I usually do not get to warm to quickly, but I was hot this weekend. It has been lovely this past week however in about the 70s, so that is definitely nice I have been enjoying it. Oh and on a random note, the mosquitos in Targoviste are crazy, they are everywhere. They are not so bad at my gazdas house, but I know other volunteers who are being eaten alive. I was hoping they wouldn't be bad here...but what are you going to do...it is just a fact of nature.

So on a closing note, I am preparing for a similution for my Language Proficiency Interview, we will have the simulation tomorrow. We need to pass this exam in order to become volunteers, and I was worried about it, but I think that I will be alright...at least I hope. I have learned a lot this far and I definitely have enough to function here in Romania, and the town that I am going to speaks no English...so I have to learn it. I am excited for it however and I know that it will be a great experiece. On that note...I need to e-mail mom and dad and I would love to get e-mails from all of you and I will try to answer them the best I can. I love and miss you all!!!

~Until later
Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment