Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow....oh snow

So today is a snowy day here in Pucioasa. Even though I am used the the changes in weather, 50 degrees one day and snow melting everywhere, and then snow a few days later just to turn everything white again, does not mean I like it! Oh well what are you going to do. Before I know it I am sure that spring will be here and I will be able to enjoy the lovely weather just in time to go home in July. It is hard to believe that I will be home before we know it, just in a few months time!

I wish that I had something interesting to report this week, but I only have school. It was nothing super interesting either just a regular school week, so instead I think I will take a blast to the past and talk about my family as today my dad celebrates his birthday.

An undisclosed number of years ago, my father entered this world and boy am I glad that he did. Even though we fought when I was growing up, and still fight now from time to time, I am still so thankful for him each and every day. My dad has always been nothing but supporting to me. When I was in sports, even if I didn't play much, my dad and mom were always there supporting me. I don't think there was one time that both of them missed a game. From time to time, one had to miss it because Fred had something going on, but they were always there for me. I am so blessed for that. My dad has also always been really helpful to me when I have had problems. Whenever something would break, I would go to dad first to see if he could fix it, even when I was in college! I would have problems at home and before I would call my landlord, on small things, I would call my dad to see if he could help me fix it, or if there was a problem with my car, I would call my dad first to see if he could help me fix it before I paid someone to do it for me. He has taught me to be a do-it-myself girl, because I always try to resolve problems myself, within reason that is, before I waste money. While I don't try to fix things that deal with electricity, I usually try to resolve other, small household problems on my own first, which is how I was able to fix my drain in my old apartment by myself, which I was really proud of myself for! I think that was pretty awesome on my part.

He has also taught me to be kind to others. I think he is a big part of the reason that I wanted to join the Peace Corps. While I wanted the opportunity to experience a different culture, I also wanted the chance to help others. Growing up, we were always volunteering and helping out for things in church and I think that this habit just grew into something bigger. So thank you dad for always encouraging me to do good things for others, I am on the journey of a life time now which has helped me to grow as a person.

I am so thankful for my family every day, and my father is a big part of holding that together. He and my mom are both so passionate about having a close family and they have done a beautiful job of maintaining that. I have a brother whom I love and get along with, and awesome sister-in-law and 2 wonderful nieces and an adorable nephew, all of whom I am crazy about! My family has been so supportive of me in my journey and I am so thankful for that, and thankful for my dad for making our family strong and supportive of one another in all situations. You are awesome dad and I love you, and Happy Birthday to you today and many more to come!

I love and miss you all back home and I hope that you are well and that every day brings you only happiness. I can't wait to see all of you in just a few months time. Take care and don't get to cold with the February freeze that will more than likely inevitably come, and also stay away from the flood waters that might arise from the February thaw! We will see what this next week brings, because both are possible, oh the joys of living in the midwest!

Va iubesc!
Va pup!
Mi-a dor de voi!
Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment