Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hail to Women!

So yesterday was a fun day. In the county that I live in there are five other volunteers, we all live less than an hour away from each other, but with the trials and responsibilities of everyday life we unfortunately to not get to see each other very often. Now I was not to happy with this idea, so I decided it would be fun if we got together once a month or so for a meal. Yesterday was the day and we had 5 of the 6 volunteers present, but one substitute so there were 6 of us in all. We had a delicious meal which included a vegetarian, spinach lasagna, bruschetta, garlic bread, salad and wine. It was so delicious! I made the lasagna, since it was at my house that was the easiest way to do it, it was so delicious if I say so myself! I was very proud of my first lasagna that I made in country and I am going to try it again in the near future because it was just that good! The others brought supplies for bruschetta and garlic bread, which was ridiculously tasty! Another volunteer brought supplies for a salad with mango and feta cheese and it was so delicious! I had never had a salad with mango before, but I was a big fan, it was so tasty and fresh and delicious!
It was so nice to be able to get together with volunteers and chat and simply enjoy one another's company, we hope to be able to do it again in the very near future :)

This upcoming week we are celebrating one of my favorite holidays in Romania. Martisoara and womens day. Well womens day isn't technically until next week Tuesday, but this Tuesday is Martisoara. What this means is all the women will get little pins to pin onto their shirts and some will get flowers and candy or coffee or maybe a small bottle of perfume, but mainly flowers. It is basically just appreciation for women and it is so nice, because I love flowers and I love receiving them! Hopefully my house will be filled with the scent of flowers and my shirt will be covered with martisoara, we shall see!

Not to much to report from this past week, classes went as usual. I am going to start working on a project this week, we will be painting a mural on a wall in school so there is some prep work that I have to do in advance. This prep work includes doing a volunteer training, picking a focus group, working on fundraising, and developing a design for the wall. The mural will have a theme of volunteerism as Peace Corps is celebrating 50 years of service and Peace Corps Romania is celebrating 20 years. There is a pretty cool design that some of our volunteers came up with for the PC Romania celebration logo, so hopefully we will be able to incorporate that somehow...we shall see!

Well that is all that I have for this week. I hope you are all doing well and staying warm! It is 19 weeks and 1 day until I come home...not like I am counting or anything :) I am looking forward to my last 5 months in country, but also to coming home and being among family and friends again. Well I better get to work! I have lesson planning to do! Have a wonderful week and I hope that mother nature is nice to you :)

Va pup!
Va iubesc!
Mi-a dor de voi!

Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment