Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Trick or Treat! Money or Eat! Give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear! Oh to be young again, I wish that I could be carefree and go trick-or-treating once again. Hopefully I will be able to go with my nieces and nephew sometime in the near future, if I am not away at grad school that is, which I hope to be at this time next year! We shall see!

So this post is going to be much shorter than last weeks, I don't know if I can ever top that one, but I did have an awful lot to say, as it was an experience filled week! This week was a lot quieter but still busy. I was helping my school prepare for their Halloween party that they had today. It went really well, they made a lot of money and the kids had a lot of fun, so that is the important thing. There were lots of great costumes and lots of great prizes and games. They even had pumpkin bowling, which was slightly adapted. it was more like regular bowling, because there were no pumpkins. Lets hope that next year they can get some pumpkins!

Yesterday proved to be more exhausting than today. While today was long, yesterday I spent 5 hours at school helping the kids set up the haunted house. It was an extremely long process involving a lot of cutting, taping, and some collapsing. It turned out well though in time, and the kids really liked to play in it. It was amazing, something that took 5 hours to build only took 30 minutes to take down. It is funny how things work that way sometimes.

Anyway I treated the kids yesterday since they had worked really hard for several hours, so I decided to make them some goodies. I made them some apple pie bars and lemon poppy seed bars. They went absolutely crazy over them! One of my students actually told me they tasted better than anything their mom ever made! Now that is a high complement! I am just glad that they enjoyed them and it gave them a little bit of energy, because they sure worked hard for them.

Lets see other than that this week was pretty uneventful, this next week will bring more classes, but I will have a few less since the little ones have the week off, so hopefully I will make myself useful during my free mornings! Lets hope!

Alright well that is all for today, I am not super talkative today and want to get back to watching my Packers play! Let's hope they win!! Go Pack Go!!!!

I miss and love you all and can't wait to see you again and give you a big hug!

Va iubesc!
Mi-a dor de voi!
Va pup!

Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment