Sunday, May 16, 2010

Splish Splash I'm Takin' a Bath

Well not me per say, but all of the birds are having fun splishing and splashing in the puddles that are everywhere. Apparently May in Romanian means rain, rain and more rain. It is not April showers here, it is May showers bring June Flowers. It has rained everyday this week I believe and not just little sprinkles either. Today is particularly interesting. It will rain for an hour and then be sunny. Then rain for 15 minutes and then be sunny for 15 minutes, and the cycle continues. Oh well what are you going to do I guess.

So this week did not bring to many interesting things other than rain. The kids are all extremely anxious to get their vacation started, as are all of the teachers. The good thing is, I am basically done with the book, which makes me happy because now I can do whatever I want. The only problem is, I am so exhausted from the year, that I can't find the energy to come up with any good ideas. So if any of you have any good themed ideas let me know!! :)

The 8th graders at my school had their second exam this week - Math - yuck! It was never my strong subject, but I am sure that they all did well and I do know that it is an important subject. So that led me to have 2 fewer hours than normal, which was very much so alright with me, and ascension was also celebrated this week on Thursday. So the kids went to a celebration which also resulted in 2 less hours for me, which I was also alright with :) So I had yet another lazy week, which doesn't help my Spring Fever. Oh well just 4 more weeks and then freedom. I think I am going to take a nice little trip and hopefully see some friendly faces that I have not seen for a while :)

Oh I am also going to be helping out at a summer camp this year in Timisoara, I just found out my responsibilities. I have to come up with 4 70 minute sessions to entertain and educate the kids with. Two for younger kids and two for older kids. I am a little nervous as they are long time slots and a wide range of students. I am sure it will be fine, just coming up with the ideas might prove to be a bit of a challenge. At least I will get to see some more of Romania, which is always a plus! :)

My energy level for writing is very low today. Sorry folks, but one more thing, yesterday was my counterpart (Mona's) birthday and I never realized how many people I know born on May 15th. The count is now up to 5, 2 from college, 1 from a former work place, 1 PC volunteer friend, and my counterpart. The middle of may must be pretty awesome, so kudos to you all for having an awesome birthday.

That is about it for today, nothing much exciting happened this week. I hope that you are all doing well and that the end of Spring is bringing you joy and making you anxious for summer. I miss you all and am sending you hugs from across the ocean. Take care and I hope you have a great week!

Mi-a dor de voi!
Va pup!
Va iubesc!

Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment