Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy May!

I cannot believe it is already May! Last year at this time, I was freaking out because I knew I would be leaving for Romania in less than 4 weeks, and now I am here and I can't believe it has been a year since I felt that way. In 25 days I will have been in Romania for exactly one year. This past year has brought many ups and downs, I have met many interesting people and I have experienced many interesting things. Needless to say it has been an abnormal year, just because if I was still in the States, I would guess that I would probably still be were I was, but hopefully on a track towards graduate school. I am still looking into graduate school and have 3 schools on my list and should probably find a 4th just to be safe. None of these schools require the GRE so I am probably not going to take it. This could come back to cause a problem, but I do not have the time or energy to study for this standardized test, at least not now. Maybe I will change my mind in a month or so, or if enough people tell me it is silly not to take it, but as for now my decision is to shy away from it. We will see how that pans out for me.

So while I should be preparing things for school, I cannot concentrate and since I am a day late on my posting I figured I would do this instead. I did not get a chance to update yesterday because I spent the entire afternoon at the "forest" i.e. the woods with some friends. It was so lovely, the weather was beautiful, the scenery was beautiful and I just enjoyed the fresh air. I was exhausted however when I got home so I pretty much just went straight to bed! I slept really well though with all of that fresh air. I also went to the woods on Saturday with some other friends, each day we had a delicious barbecue! I love food cooked over an open flame and hopefully we will go for another barbecue next week as well. We played some cards when we were there, the guys played backgammon, and we even played a little soccer. I am terrible at soccer but it was fun to play.

So in terms of our transportation out there, it was normal transport on Sunday, but Saturday left something to laugh at. There were 6 of us going out there and we needed a car to go in. So one of my friends called someone in town, and he came to pick us up, not in a van, but in a car with a covered cab in back. So therefore if you don't have seats in the car, you make them in the cab from blankets and tires. Seeing as I was the oldest in the particular group and the American, they let me ride up front in the regular seat. I tried to get a picture of it, but they all jumped out to fast and I didn't get a chance to get any good ones. I couldn't believe it when I saw it and it still makes me smile when I think about it! :) Then on the way back I again got the front and the youngins piled 5 people into the back of a Dacia, needless to say there is not much room in the back of a Dacia!

So that was basically my weekend, relaxing outside and going for long walks, and enjoying the beautiful weather. My week at school was not too exciting. I taught, the kids were rambunctious, I came home to chill, and I prepared for class. We did a lesson on fairy tales for the English club that I started and that turned out pretty well and next week we are going to write our own fairy tale. I hope that the kids come with their creative juices because I know that they have them! We shall see. I think that this next week will begin the start of practicing our English play that we will put on at the end of the semester. It might turn into something pretty big...or so I hope because these kids are crazy talented in many things, they just don't always know it :)

Well I think that is all that I have for today, I better start preparing for school and thinking about what I am going to do with the kids later this week. Oh the fun of lesson planning, it just never ever stops! Hopefully next year it will be a little bit easier. Who knows! :)

I miss you all like crazy and think about you all the time. I hope that the weather is being friendly to you and that you are all happy and healthy! Just think in about 15 months I will be coming home, every 4 posts we lose a month! Just wait before you know it I will be saying that I will be home in 6 months! Stay happy and healthy everyone! Love you!

Va iubesc!
Mi-a dor de voi!
Va pup!

~Pana mai tarziu
Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment