Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a week

So I am pretty sure this post is going to be pretty dull. Sorry if the title is misleading! :) I did not do a whole lot this week as I had a doozie of a cold. I had not felt that under the weather in quite some time! I even stayed home from school one day, but could only stay home one day because my counterpart also had a rough week in which she had a funeral to attend so someone had to be at school. My worst day was Wednesday I think, and that was when I had to go to school. I could not stand up without feeling dizzy so I actually had my 8th graders do all the writing for me. They thought that it was amusing and I just dictated from the chair what they were to write :) I was thankful that I was with my group 1 kids that day, because that made it possible for me to stay seated and they would do as I said and help me out.

I am slowly starting to feel better, which is a relief. I have more energy and I am hoping that I can start going on my daily walks again soon. The weather became cold again so that prevented it, and then I came down with this nasty cold and that further prevented it, but I think that if I can get back into the swing of things and get some daily exercise that will help.

I wish I had some funny stories to tell this week, but unfortunately I have none. Oh wait I do have one. I was listening to NPR's "Wait, Wait, don't tell me" (which is a hilarious show!) and I was surprised to hear Romania's name on it! Of course it was for something silly, which I just loved because Romania has a very interesting personality (for me as an outsider at least). So apparently there was a mayor in a small town near the Hungarian border who noticed a problem and decided to put up street signs to help control the problem. "What are on these street signs?" you may ask, well they consist of a man on his hands and knees caring a bottle with the words "Attention drunks". Apparently there has been several accidents in which drunk individuals crawl out into the road and pass out there, or walk out in front of oncoming traffic, and it has resulted in many problems. Since there is not much that they could do about the incoherent pedestrian population, they decided to address the driving population. The sign is hilarious, and I do hope that it helps the problem! :)

Other than that not too much to report here. I am looking forward to being another year older this week...it sure did come fast! I will be making some goodies for my fellow teachers at school and I am hopeful that they will enjoy them! :) I don't have a whole lot planned for my birthday, as it is in the middle of the week, but I will go visit a family here that I greatly enjoy spending time with and then over the weekend I am going to visit another volunteer and we will hang out and have some fun :)

This week I will also be talking to my director about a project that I would like to begin. I am hopeful that he will like it and if he does then I will tell you more about it, but I don't want to jinx it before it even gets started. That is about all for this week I think. I hope everyone is doing well, and that the weather is looking nicer by you and the robins are starting to appear and stay while the snow is melting. I miss you all like crazy and think of you everyday! I hope that your wallet's are being kind to you, and that the grace of God is with you each and every day. I love you all!!!

Va iubesc!
Va pup!
Mi-a dor de voi!
Pana mai tarziu

~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment