Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring is Here!!

So spring has finally sprung, the snow is gone, the winds are here and it is raining! It was not the thunderstorm that I was hoping for, but rain is rain, now maybe there won't be as much dust outside!

The wind has been absolutely crazy here. I think that if I went outside with an umbrella yesterday I would have been able to fly just like Mary Poppins! I tried to go for a walk yesterday, my goal has been to do about 2 miles a day and this goal is very attainable. There is a road that I enjoy walking down because there are not a lot of houses which leads to less people staring at me as I am walking down the side of the road, as exercise is a fairly foreign subject here. I was fine when I was in town, but as soon as I left town and entered the country side, there was no more protection from the wind. I felt as if I looked like a mime who is pretending to move a very heavy object, except I was not pretending! I was attempting to walk into I would say about 30 mph winds and it wasn't working so well. So yesterday the stat was Weather - 1, Sarah - 0. So I tried again today, the wind had died down, and it was a little overcast, but I wanted to go before the rain came. While I was on my walk the rain decided to come, I got a little bit further than yesterday, but again the stat stands at Weather - 2, Sarah - 0. I am hoping to beat it tomorrow when I try again! Oh the weather will not deter me, I want to enjoy the outside now that it is not freezing cold!

So other than the change in weather there is not to much going on this week. I had a rather unpleasant Monday with one class, but I am hoping that turns around this week. We shall see when I let them know what the consequences of their actions are. I hope that will encourage them to behave better...for some it may do nothing, but for others it may work. If I can influence one child to choose a better path, that is a success in my eyes. I just have to remember that when all the other ones are driving me crazy! ;)

This week my dear darling brother celebrated his birthday, now I have to wait another 300 and some days to remind him that he is temporarily not older than me. Oh the fun times I have with that! If you are reading this big bro, I hope you had a great birthday and I will be home to celebrate with you in 2012! Sorry I missed the big 25, but I will be home for 27 and for the later ones, and after 30 it is all downhill anyway so I will be there to witness that spectacular event ;) Just kidding I know you will be awesome for another 50 some years!

Also my Mom and Dad will be celebrating their anniversary this week! They have been married for 26 years! Yay Mom and Dad! Sorry no party this year Mom and Dad, I think after the money spent on last year's party and present and the fact that I am half way across the world will put a stop to that! Just think though maybe you will get another awesome party for your 30th anniversary! Just stay married for another 4 years! :) Just kidding again, I admire my parents so much, they have had such a great marriage (in my opinion and I hope in theirs too!! ;) They raised me and my brother in a great environment and always showed us a great example of love, communication and family importance. Mom and Dad you made me and Fred who we are today and I thank you for that! You rock!! As you can see March is a busy busy month for our family, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Well I know that is a short entry...but that is about all I have for today. I have to try to change my sleeping schedule because daylights savings time just hit us! So now my body is a little off, but I am sure I will recover just like we all do every year when the clocks change!! :) I hope that Spring is finding you all well and that flowers and trees are starting to bloom and decorate the landscape that is emerging after a long cold winter. I also hope that the Easter Bunny treats you well, but also while you are enjoying your sweets, ham dinners, and hard-boiled eggs that we do not forget the true meaning of Easter and why we are celebrating it. We are truly blessed everyday and I know I am thankful for every blessing that you all have and the ones that I have as well!

I love and miss you all and hope that your week is full of sunshine and the beautiful melodies of the songbirds. Enjoy your week and I hope the weather is nice enough to permit you to go outside and enjoy Mother Natures miracles!

Voi iubesc
Mi-a dor de voi
Va pup

Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

1 comment: