Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring...where are you?

Yet another week this winter has passed, on the bright side it is getting warmer, on the dull side it is still grey and there is mud everywhere! I am anxiously awaiting the appearance of spring and drier weather so I can go for walks outside without coming back looking like the swamp monster!

This week at school was actually pretty good, all of my lesson plans worked out, I hope that next week brings the same. I think I am finally starting to realize what works with what kids, and generally I plan to much, but that is good because then I do not run out of things to do! There is nothing worse than the feeling of standing in front of a class with nothing more planned and not a clue as to what to do next, I have to say I am not a fan!

I also started an English club this week. I only had 5 kids come, but the ones that did come seemed to have a great time, so that made me happy. We just played some games, including ROMANIA where they had to list all the words that started with the letters and whoever did it first one. As well as a form of Rummy with categories -- that one they really liked. I enjoyed watching them have fun with English as well and they were all really creative and that makes me happy to see all of their bright ideas coming out :) I also tried LINGO with them, but that didn't work out so well, I think it was a little to specific, but we can always try it again later. I think they were taking it a little to seriously but that is okay, you win some you lose some. Then we did tongue twisters, they thought that was positively hilarious and I just love watching them laugh and having fun with English. I hope that we can have more kids next week so we shall just have to see. I might have to change the day of the week, but it is always a little hard to get things started, but you have to start somewhere right :)

I also started a class for adults. I only had 2 students but I think with more word of mouth that more may come and with fewer people it is always easier because I can give more individual attention! :) The two that did show up are extremely nice people though and they are so smart. It was so weird to be in front of two people who are there because they truly want to be. I am so used to being in a classroom where I am constantly asking kids to be quiet and to stop this and that and trying to talk over them, that I didn't know what to do with myself for the most part. I just had their rapt attention, it was crazy! Good but crazy! I hope that they liked it though and I hope that they continue to come. One of the ladies that came is actually a psychologist at the school so I would love to further my relationship with her and learn more about her studies as a psychologist here in Romania. It is always fascinating to hear about Psychology and it is fun to talk about the different ideas and it would give my Romanian a run for its money and hopefully help me to improve it more and more!!

Other than that not too much else is new here. Just waiting for the warm weather to come about. It is really windy out today, I can hear it running up and down the hallway and against the windows and even through my chimney! Maybe that means a storm is coming or maybe that is God's idea of a dryer and some of this water will disappear that is standing around outside.

Oh and a bit of good news as well. I would like to wish my Daddy a "Happy Birthday" the good Lord blessed him with another happy and healthy year. Even though he knows it I just want to say that I love my Daddy more and more every day and I am so thankful that the good Lord has blessed me with such a supportive and understanding family. I would not be where I am today without there help and no matter what they always want what is best for me. I think that credit goes to both my Mom and my Dad, they gave me such a wonderful environment to grow up in and continue to be a blessing in my life everyday and for that I am truly grateful.

Also I am happy to say that I will be the proud aunt of a nephew come July. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy and to see all three of my lovely nieces and nephew together in a picture. I am so thankful for the 2 beautiful nieces I already have and I think that my brother could use another boy around the house to help him keep his sanity (what little of it he has left :p!)

And thirdly I would like to say congratulations to my wonderful friend Becky, on February 15th she welcomed her first son, Jack LeRoy IV, into the world. He was born at 7 lbs 6 ounces and 20 3/4 inches long. I am so happy for her and her husband and I hope that they continue to have a life filled with joy. They have always been such a lovely couple and now they are a lovely family. Again congratulations!!!!

Well that is all that I have for today, next week I will probably be a little bit late in the posting, I have to do some traveling, PC related, but I will hopefully update with a positive adventure filled week! I hope that you are all doing well. I miss you all and send you tons of love from Romania! I think of you all everyday and I hope that you continue to think of me and keep me in your prayers :)

Va Iubesc!
Va pup
Mi-e doar de voi!
Pana mai tarziu
~Sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment