Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wish list

So many of you have asked me if I need anything…so I thought that I would compile a wish list, if you choose to send me something great…if not I still love you any way. I am going to try to make this fun and creative as well. So lets begin :)

1.) Winter hat, mittens and scarf. As winter is fast approaching…I do not have anything to keep my hands and head warm. I do not yet have a winter jacket, but I figure I will buy one here. I just figure if anyone out there is looking for a project…this may be your next one :)

2.) Bobby pins and Barrettes. My hair is getting long, and I am getting bored with only wearing it up, but I don’t have anything else to keep it out of my face…and the barrettes here are mainly made for children…I know Blair would love them :)

3.) Scotch tape – life just isn’t the same without scotch tape

4.) Duct tape – so I can fix anything :)
5.) Construction paper – to make fun things for my kids and besides everyone loves colored paper!! :)

6.) Dry erase markers – To use in my classroom, they are impossible to find here, and I could use them like nobody’s business in my classroom.

7.) Make-up – I need to look pretty to lure in the mend! I have sensitive skin!! :)

8.) Maple Syrup – to make American pancakes for my new Romanian friends

9.) Taco Seasoning packets – to make delicious tacos for my new Romanian friends
10.) Brown sugar – to make goodies for my new Romanian friends
11.) Measuring cups and spoons -- they don’t exist here! I have been doing pretty good at guessing…but I am just awaiting a disaster….

12.) Nalgene Bottle – Super expensive here, and I love my water! Would be a lot easier than buying water bottles to refill…especially since I can hear Debbie telling me I will get cancer that way

13.) Butterscotch chips to put in my delicious chocolate chip cookies!
14.) Peanut Butter chips to put in my delicious brownies that I have discovered I can make :)

15.) Manicure set – maybe that cube thing with the file, buffer, and all that stuff on the 4 different sides :) A girl has got to have clean nails :)

16.) Graham crackers and marshmallows…more for the summer, they don’t exist here and I know the Romanians would go wild over Smores!

17.) I don’t know what it is called, but it is that sticky puddy stuff that teachers use to put up posters on the wall. That would rock for my apartment to put pictures of family up (hint, hint send pictures!)

18.) Hooks made by scotch, could really use them for towels and stuff around the house. Scotch really does rock...they should expand to Romania :)

19.) Clothesline, I have an idea for the winter, to use to hang my clothes up…and that would be tying the clothesline to two chairs…oh yes I am becoming creative! I think I get it from my daddy :)

20.) Perfume/Body spray – something fruity and delicious I need to smell good if I am without water for several days :)

21.) Kraft macaroni and cheese – not gonna lie I had a dream about it…

22.) Peanut Butter – super expensive and extremely difficult to find here but so so good!

23.) Markers – to make activities for my kids

24.) Whole grain pasta -- does not exist here and life is just so much better with whole grains :)

25.) Nice blouses or sweaters – the stuff is made to fail here and Kohl’s does not exist…how I miss Kohls…I am about the same size I was when I left so in a L or XL ladies, if it fits my mom or sister-in-law it will fit me.

26.) Flat Black Dress shoes, the shoes around here are tiny, and not wide…10W is the size for me :)

27.) Necklaces – doesn’t have to be expensive, just simple you know me :)

28.) Pictures of you :)

29.) Food coloring – I know it sounds strange..but again for goodies :)

30.) Herbal Essences…my hair would be so happy!

31.) Hair Straightener…and small curling iron…ahem mom and dad..my bathroom...middle drawer :)

32.) Double Stuff Mint Oreos…oh there is just nothing like em! :)

33.) Counted cross stitch patterns – the ones that come in the little packet with the strings and everything…something pretty :) -- and extra needles…I always manage to lose or break them :) oh and the ring to put it in....

34.) Lotion – Vasaline intensive care – the winter is going to kill me...and again sensitive skin :)

35.) Vaporub – for all those winter colds :) Besides it just smells so delicious :)

36.) Eye make-up remover – I have had a tendancy to look like a raccoon around here :)

37.) Black tights…I have a cute dress they would go with :) Also they would hide my tattoo :)

38.) Razors the refills for the Shick Quatro…you would not believe how expensive they are here!!! Or just regular razors will work too, maybe with 2 or 3 blades on them :) I need to keep my legs smooth ;)

39.) Chow mein – Chinese food does not exist here – and I am dying for something as simple as chow mein – even if it can’t hold a candle to true Chinese food like Chicken and Broccoli :)

40.) Sandwich bags – absolutely impossible to find here but so so useful :)

41.) Note cards and post it notes – both are difficult to find and would be extremely useful in school for activities :)

42.) Ingredients for pumpkin pie...mainly the pumpkin and seasonings oh and the carnation milk...they would love the pumpkin pie at thanksgiving :)

Obviously I am not expecting all of this, I just wanted to give you some ideas :) Anything that is sent is going to be greatly appreciated and loved and I would love for you to get creative, but these are just some things I have thought about, I can’t think of everything and I am sure there is more, so just have fun, I just would like to get a piece of your personality in any package, that is what I miss the most about being home :)

Oh and there are flat rate large boxes that you can send for $50 and you can stick as much stuff in there as you want up to 20 pounds...which is a lot! I just got a package from my parents and you would not believe how much they fit in there :)

If anyone sees this and decides they want to send me a package but does not have my address please let me know and I will send it to you...just don't want to put my address on a public blog :)

Love and miss you bunches...off to a festival in town..I will try to post about it later, I am sure it will be interesting :)

Hope you all are well, I think of you every day :)

~Until later
Sarah B.

1 comment:

  1. natalie and i found herbal essences the other day. i can pick you up some before we meet up. its only about 8 lei!!
    -joslyn

    ReplyDelete